All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, equipped for every good work.
~2 Timothy 3:16-17

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Welcome!

As some of you may know, I've been blogging on politics since 2009 on a blog called Common Cents.  I enjoy writing and appreciated the opportunity to express my perspective about politics.  Unfortunately, the 2012 elections wiped out any hope I had that our country would get back on the right track from a constitutional perspective, and for the sake of my blood pressure and general peace of mind I no longer intend to follow politics closely.  However, I have missed blogging over the past few months and wanted to find some way to continue to put down my thoughts and perspectives in writing.  Hence, I decided to create this blog.

The general purpose of Unchanging Truth for a Changing World is to discuss and analyze current events, news stories, cultural issues, and occurrences of daily life from a Christian perspective.  For me, the Bible is not just a holy book but an infallible guide for daily living.  It is the final and complete revelation of God's will, and therefore contains truths and principles that are applicable to every area of life and timeless in their application.  In the increasingly post-Christian culture in which we live, I believe it is essential for followers of Jesus to not only know the doctrines of Scripture but also to be able to think critically about how they relate to the world in which we live and to make decisions that are consistent with those Biblical doctrines on a whole host of important issues.  This blog will be my attempt to analyze big world events and small issues of daily life from the perspective of a Christian worldview. 

My goal for this blog is to be able to post at least once a week, with an awareness that with a young child in the house I will not always be able to hold to this schedule.  I would like to incorporate a variety of approaches, including editorials on current events, devotional thoughts and quotes, commentary on Scripture passages, personal stories, discussion of important cultural issues, and poetry (written by others, not myself).  I want this blog to be a vehicle for me to think through issues critically, to engage the culture, and to stay motivated to read good books.  Hopefully I will be able to encourage others to do the same along the way.  While I am unabashedly approaching issues from a Christian perspective, everyone is invited to read and comment and I welcome respectful discussion from others with differing perspectives.  I am sure political issues will come up, since our country's politics is deeply intertwined with key cultural issues, but I do not intend to make politics a primary focus.  For a more explicit political focus, please continue to follow commoncentspolitix.blogspot.com, as others (and perhaps myself from time to time) will probably continue to post there.

Welcome to all!

5 comments:

  1. You have a special gift of writing. I can't wait to read more. I will most likely do it in parts and add it to my devotions. So proud of you! Maybe you should run for president. :) Hugs, Aunt Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the kind words, Aunt Tina! I appreciate the encouragement. I would love to get your feedback in the future on items that I post. I don't think I want to run for president and don't think I would get elected if I did. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. God has given you many gifts and writing is certainly one of them. I appreciate your articles. Thank you. Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the encouraging words, Deborah! I love to write and I appreciate your willingness to read what I write.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete